To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to add an IOS user into a team account

Options
MKavabanga
MKavabanga
Community Member

Hey :)

I have a problem with one of my coworkers (kinda my boss) who has an individual 1password account which is paid for via iTunes.

Meanwhile, me and 2 other coworkers have a team account set up by me. Now she would like to join said team so we can all have one shared invoice and most importantly a shared vault!

the problem, however, is that there seems to be almost no way for me to switch her over from Apple to you guys. I tried inviting her into our team normally but all that does it gives her an option to create a new account

Now I have already cancelled her Itunes subscription so could you guys help me out here. She is really annoying me with this whole situation so I really need some solution here.

Thanks guys :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MKavabanga: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It can definitely be a bit tricky if they're only able to use an iOS device, but it is possible. If they remove the 1Password app (have them verify that they have all of their data in their account on the website first), they can sign up for the new account through the website using your invitation. Depending on which email client they're using, it may be tricky, so I'd recommend copying the link and pasting that directly in the browser to go through the signup process. After they've done that (and saved their new account credentials), they can install 1Password again and sign into both accounts in the app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• MKavabanga
    MKavabanga
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for such a quick response! I get what you are saying. I have checked and yes all her info is on the website so this is covered. However, the way you suggested would result in her having two different accounts right? That is a bit of a problem since she only has one work email (and you cant sign in with the same email twice) Isn't there a way to just change their account from apple to you guys or at least make her a new account and then transfer the data so she can have one account in our team.

I know this Is a bit of a weird situation but still. If there is a way please work with me!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for such a quick response!

@MKavabanga: You're very welcome! :)

I get what you are saying. I have checked and yes all her info is on the website so this is covered.

Great! Thanks for checking.

However, the way you suggested would result in her having two different accounts right?

Correct. It is not possible to "add" an existing account to a 1Password Teams membership. SO either way, she's going to have two. What matters is deciding if she wants to have one for work stuff and one for personal (not a bad idea since the work account will be gone if she leaves the company!), or wants to move everyone to the new one (if she's the boss, maybe this is not a problem!) You may want to check out 1Password Business though, as that has all of the best stuff from 1Password Teams and also includes a 1Password Families account for each person. Definitely reach out via email at business@1password.com if you want to discuss the options there.

That is a bit of a problem since she only has one work email (and you cant sign in with the same email twice)

You cannot sign into two accounts using the same sign in address, but with 1Password Teams (or Business), you'd have a unique sign in address, very different than the one used for the individual account. So that won't be a problem,

Isn't there a way to just change their account from apple to you guys or at least make her a new account and then transfer the data so she can have one account in our team.

We can help you switch the account over to be billed through the website instead of through Apple, but I don't think that actually solves this for you, as the account will still not be part of the 1Password Teams membership, and can therefore not share with the others.

You can, however, have her sign up for a new account using the team invite, and then copy any data she wants over to that from the original account.

I know this Is a bit of a weird situation but still. If there is a way please work with me!

It's no problem at all. We'll get you through this! :chuffed:

• MKavabanga
    MKavabanga
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks man!

Yeah, she definitely has no need for two accounts since she is the boss. I guess the best way to do it then is for me to create her a new account and then just transfer all her data over to the new one. That way she can simply just have one account.

Now If you be so kind and tell me the best way to transfer all her data from one account to the other safely I would really appreciate it. I will do some googling anyhow.

Hope I hear from you soon and thank for everything so far!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks man!

@MKavabanga: You're totally welcome! :sunglasses:

Yeah, she definitely has no need for two accounts since she is the boss.

Ha! The thought had crossed my mind, but I didn't want to make any assumptions. ;)

I guess the best way to do it then is for me to create her a new account and then just transfer all her data over to the new one. That way she can simply just have one account.

Yep! That's the simplest option.

Now If you be so kind and tell me the best way to transfer all her data from one account to the other safely I would really appreciate it. I will do some googling anyhow.

Sure thing! Sign into both accounts — old and new — in the app, and then you can move data from one to the other. Pretty straightforward, but we're here if you have any questions. :)

Hope I hear from you soon and thank for everything so far!

Any time! Cheers! :chuffed:

• MKavabanga
    MKavabanga
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Alright man I'm all set! It worked like a charm!

Thanks again for the great support here. You guys really justify the price you charge for the service!

Now If you would allow me for one more question while I have you here. I realize I'm in the wrong place forum category wise but would happen to know if there is a way to get your new windows app (available in the windows store) to run on the Windows Server OS.

I haven't check for sure but I'm pretty sure that windows server OS does not have the windows store. I have been running the idea of 1password business across the desk of my superiors but most of our employees use our local windows server OS for most of their work.

Anyway thanks again!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Alright man I'm all set! It worked like a charm!

@MKavabanga: Awesome! Thanks for the update. :chuffed:

Thanks again for the great support here. You guys really justify the price you charge for the service!

Wow! Thank you for the kind words! That's really great to hear, because I love what I do, and I know everyone else here does too! We're really grateful to be able to make a living making 1Password the best it can be. So thank you for your support! :love:

Now If you would allow me for one more question while I have you here.

No.

Kidding! :lol:

I realize I'm in the wrong place forum category wise but would happen to know if there is a way to get your new windows app (available in the windows store) to run on the Windows Server OS.

No worries about the category! I can split this off if we need to go more in-depth, but this seems like a fairly quick question (famous last words!)

I believe it should run just fine there. No harm in trying it. I know others use 1Password in a server environment. The only real caveats are that it isn't designed as a multi-user app, so if you have things setup in an interesting way on the machine you may run into some challenges with updating and browser integration due to permissions. 1Password wants to be installed in the suer account where it will be used, if that helps. Definitely let me know if you have any followup questions though!

I haven't check for sure but I'm pretty sure that windows server OS does not have the windows store. I have been running the idea of 1password business across the desk of my superiors but most of our employees use our local windows server OS for most of their work.

I'm actually really glad you brought that up, as the Edge extension lives in the Windows Store, per Microsoft's rules. So you wouldn't be able to use that there in that case. However, the 1Password app itself is a traditional Win32 desktop app, so no store needed there.

Anyway thanks again!

Any time! :)

• MKavabanga
    MKavabanga
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks man. I will try it If I convince the bosses. Fingers crossed :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

;) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.