License Doesn't work

Options

When I try to enter the license I just purchased, it says "This is not a 1Password for Mac license. Please verify you copied the key from your 1Password for Mac purchase and not another product."

Can you help?

1Password Version: 3.8.20
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: osx 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When I try to enter the license I just purchased, it says: This is not a 1Password for Mac license. Please verify you copied the key from your 1Password for Mac purchase and not another product.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jamesjack: I think there may be some confusion. You seem to be using a very old version of 1Password for Mac, and we haven't sold licenses for that in years. It also will not work in recent versions of 1Password. 1Password 3 was developed in 2009 and supports OS X Snow Leopard and Lion. It is not compatible with High Sierra or current browser versions. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

So you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps (which support the latest OS and browser versions), the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.