Favorites are no longer in order on iOS after updating 1P on Mac

Options
verdi1987
verdi1987
Community Member

Prior to 7.0 Beta 16 on Mac, one could order Favorites as one desired, and that order would be reflected in 1P for iOS. I alphabetized my Favorites, so on iOS they showed up alphabetized as well.

1P 7.0 Beta 16 on Mac forced alphabetization of Favorites, but the side effect is that on iOS they no longer respect the ordering on Mac, so my Favorites on iOS are not alphabetized, and I have no way to order them manually.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@verdi1987: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Favorites haven't been ordered in 1Password for iOS for a while now (since last year), so, weirdly, it sounds like the bug was that they were for you for a while (unless you only recently updated to version 7 there too). Ultimately it's problematic to respect manual sorting between multiple vaults, so we'll be sorting alphabetically going forward. In the mean time, I am sorry for the inconvenience. We'll get it sorted, though it will take a bit to get all of the platforms on the same page. Thanks for bringing this up!

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @brenty. I've been using v7 on iOS since the day it was released. I was under the impression that the sorting of favorites in iOS mirrored the Mac app; so if I adjusted sorting in Mac, I could alphabetize them in iOS. (Even now with forced alphabetization in 7.0 beta 16, if I attempt to drag favorites on Mac, the placement adjusts in iOS, although you cannot really predict exactly where the moved favorite will end up in the list.)

I was able to workaround the issue in iOS by removing all my favorites and then re-favoriting (is that a verb now?) them in alphabetical order. But that would get cumbersome once I need to add a new favorite.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've been using v7 on iOS since the day it was released. I was under the impression that the sorting of favorites in iOS mirrored the Mac app; so if I adjusted sorting in Mac, I could alphabetize them in iOS. (Even now with forced alphabetization in 7.0 beta 16,

@verdi1987: I'm really sorry about the inconsistency here and resulting confusion. Indeed, 1Password or iOS needs to be updated, and that will have to happen after versino 7 is released for the Mac. The core issue here is that you're completely right: they should mirror each other, but often they didn't even when the apps behaved the same because of the sort of thing you referenced:

if I attempt to drag favorites on Mac, the placement adjusts in iOS, although you cannot really predict exactly where the moved favorite will end up in the list.)

That's a bad user experience, so we want to standardize on alphabetical sorting in the near future. I realize that in the mean time it will still be a bad experience, and I'm sorry for that. But we're moving things along to get where we need to be.

I was able to workaround the issue in iOS by removing all my favorites and then re-favoriting (is that a verb now?) them in alphabetical order. But that would get cumbersome once I need to add a new favorite.

Agreed 100%. While I'm glad that you were okay with working around the issue yourself, it's not something I'd expect anyone to do. Users shouldn't have to clean up the mess, so we're working on it. Thanks for your feedback, and your patience while we do so!

This discussion has been closed.