To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to set one Vault to Dropbox

Options
ct1
ct1
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Memberships

I just subscribed so I think it would be on version 6. I created another vault in ipassword home page to be synced with dropbox. I cannot for the life of me find instructions on how to export or get that set up. i see directions on importing from old ipasswordetc but I'm having an awfully hard time figureing how how to set up vault for dropbox. Can you please help.
Also could ipassword ever sync with tresorit?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows but will also be for mac,
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how to export vault to dropbox

ref: HLD-13484-453

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ct1: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password.com doesn't use Dropbox at all. Rather, it stores the encrypted data itself so it can be accessed from any of your devices by signing into your account — including through the website. Using Dropbox or some other 3rd party would mean giving up those benefits. Kind of counterproductive. We do not have plans to add additional sync services.

• ct1
    ct1
    Community Member
    Options

I don't understand, i'm reading other's peoples articles about how to save on dropbox.

• HelpfullWill
    HelpfullWill
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Hello ct! 1Password 4 can be synced with dropbox. 1Password 6 cannot. (From what I understand).

1Password 6 supports moving 1Password data to an account.

If you want to set up 1Password 4 with dropbox. You can download 1Password 4 here:

1Password 4 (standalone version)

Here is a tutorial on how to set it up.

Tutorial

1Password 4 has a trial period of 30 days, after that you will need to buy a license file.

I'm not sure where you buy them on the site. Do they still sell them?

I hope this was helpful!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

William :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't understand, i'm reading other's peoples articles about how to save on dropbox.

@ct1: 1Password.com is a first party service with sync built into it, so it doesn't use any 3rd party services to sync data. Does that help? :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@HelpfullWill: Just to clarify, 1Password 4 is no longer being developed or sold, but 1Password 7 is a public beta and will support both standalone licenses and 1Password.com memberships:

Introducing 1Password 7 Beta for Windows

Cheers! :)

• HelpfullWill
    HelpfullWill
    Community Member
    Options

Very cool, I'll check it out! Thanks for the info!

William :)

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

• ct1
    ct1
    Community Member
    Options

I have ipasswd six so it seems i have no choices in syn if i dont want some stuff off the cloud. Than you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ct1: Again, I'm not sure why you'd want to deal with configuring sync yourself and using 3rd party services if you're paying for a 1Password.com membership, but 1Password 7 will also support Dropbox and folder sync. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.