1Password7 Stopped Working

Options
mdvzo
mdvzo
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have been using 1Password 7 Beta for months and now all of a sudden it stopped autofilling so I reinstalled. I also notice that my online trail expired for online vault although I was not using it. Now it says I have a read only license and will not apply my license that I am using for 1Password6. Do I need to buy a 1Password account to use the beta now. I use a Local vault and sync to dropbox.

1Password Version: 7 Beta 18
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

Let's not forget to mention that after going back to 1Password6 I now have websites that were added and show in a login e try in 1Password7 but do not show in 1Password6. Please help!!!

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

I says it wants $40 for a license and does not say how long that license is good for?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mdvzo

The lastest version of 1Password 7 requires the installation of the Safari extension separately, unlike previous betas where it was included. Would that explain the difficulty you were having with filling? Note that Firefox, Chrome, et al have always required the extension be installed separately... it was just Safari while we were testing SAE (Safari App Extension) that did not.

Trial time for 1Password membership works based on date, not usage. If you’ve had the membership for 30 days then the trial would end, regardless of how much/little you’ve used it. If you need another 30 days to properly evaluate please shoot our sales team an email to sales@1password.com and we’ll be happy to help.

If you’ve decided not to use a membership, and want to purchase a license instead, I’d recommend doing that ASAP while the beta pricing is still available. Once the pricing ends we won’t be able to offer it further regardless of the circumstances. We haven’t updated the instructions for migrating from a membership to a license for 1Password 7 quite yet, but I don’t suspect much if anything has changed. You can find those instructions here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Ben
    Options

I says it wants $40 for a license and does not say how long that license is good for?

Licenses don’t expire. The license is good for 1Password 7 for Mac, not a specific timeframe.

Ben

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

I was using the extension and it stopped working. And is stopped working for Chrome too.

So the license for 39$ that is for 1Password7 life of the product?

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

It still is not filling in Safari and Chrome. Is this because it is in readonly mode ?

I am not gonna buy unless I can get this working

I need help since if I go back to 1Password6 it looks like I have missing data that was added through 1Password7 although I am syncing to the same vault.

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

That was it; no license no Autofill!!

• Ben
    Options

So the license for 39$ that is for 1Password7 life of the product?

Right. With a 1Password 7 for Mac license you can use 1Password 7 for Mac for as long as it works for you. It doesn’t include other platforms or upgrades, and is for a single person (it can’t be shared).

That was it; no license no Autofill!!

Ah, yes, that would do it. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.