7.0.BETA-18 Crashes Upon Logging In

Options
luisv
luisv
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I just installed v7 beta and purchased a license. Every time I enter my password to unlock the macOS app or try to use the browser extension (Chrome or FireFox), it crashes. For good measure, I rebooted my Mac, but the issue persists.

1Password Version: 7.0.BETA-18 (70000018)
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@luisv: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like something is simply damaged on your machine. Please do the following:

1. Quit 1Password completely — Command Option Control Q
    2. Remove the 1Password extension from your browsers
    3. Drag all copies of the 1Password app to the Trash
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Install a fresh copy of the app: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7
    6. install the extension: https://1password.com/browsers/

That should do the trick. Let me know how it turns out!

• luisv
    luisv
    Community Member
    Options

Will I loose my stored passwords?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@luisv - No. Your passwords are stored in your ~/Library folder, so you can un/re-install the app itself (and the extensions) all day long without affecting your data. Let us know how it goes! :)

• luisv
    luisv
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks for the reply @Lars I deleted the app, removed the extensions and rebooted, reinstalled the beta and same issue, so I ran through the same steps a second time and upon installation, it prompted me that a newer verison is available that isn't beta, so I installed that version and I'm able to open and view my passwords now. So... I'm good to go! Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear the final release has resolved this issue for you. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.