To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Ok, I'll go with your recommendation here

Options
jhkoning
jhkoning
Community Member

I have used 1Password for years, on my Mac/iPhone/iPad - all Pro versions. I have just updated to 7 & am now re-evaluating standalone licenses vs membership. I'm an all Apple home/office, so I'm guessing moving to a membership is the way to go. I'm currently syncing with Dropbox. My partner also uses 1Password on her Mac/iPhone/iPad - so would she be better off going the membership direction too? I'm guessing that's a yes. Just let me know the best way forward from here please.
Thanks heaps,
Jason

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:licence vs membership

Comments

• jhkoning
    jhkoning
    Community Member
    Options

I should add, this is standalone Pro - not purchased through the Mac Appstore.

• jhkoning
    jhkoning
    Community Member
    Options

Done, subscribed to a new membership, already migrated my vault over & added my iPhone - too easy.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jhkoning: Glad to hear it was an easy transition for you! It sounds like you may be upset, but I wanted to offer a few hints that may help:

If you've started out with an individual membership while you're still getting started with 1Password.com, be sure to check out 1Password Families. That includes 5 family members in the base price. It also allows you to easily share vaults securely and help family members recover their accounts if they get locked out — along with the many other benefits of 1Password.com, like automatic offsite backup and item history, so losing your devices doesn't mean losing your data.

And of course we're here if you — or your partner — have any questions at all. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.