To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Mac Perpetual License - adding Android app froze my account

Options
barkeep
barkeep
Community Member

I purchased a perpetual license for 1Password for Mac from the Agilebits site in March of 2017. I use it to access a shared keychain on a corporate Google Drive folder.

After logging in on the Android app, my account was frozen and I am unable to sync passwords with my teammates without paying a subscription.

I understand (after seeing that I was frozen) that all versions of 1P outside of the Mac version I originally paid for rely on the subscription model.

After de-authorizing all non-Mac devices, is it in any way possible to return to my original perpetual license model? Do I have to pay for one month to convince the system to 'unlapse' my original license? Is the perpetual license null and void?

Besides the obvious frustration, I'd also add that the Sync menu on the Mac application is very misleading for accounts that are in a Frozen state. While I am able to add/share/move items in my Team's vault, none of those changes make their way to the shared keychain folder. When I got word that this was occurring, I check the Sync status, which showed no issues. I'd suggest that some language be added to the Sync menu to show that, even though the file is accessible, a frozen account can no longer add or receive changes to shared vaults.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

After de-authorizing all non-Mac devices, is it in any way possible to return to my original perpetual license model? Do I have to pay for one month to convince the system to 'unlapse' my original license? Is the perpetual license null and void?

Instructions for migrating back from a 1Password membership to a standalone license can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Besides the obvious frustration, I'd also add that the Sync menu on the Mac application is very misleading for accounts that are in a Frozen state. While I am able to add/share/move items in my Team's vault, none of those changes make their way to the shared keychain folder. When I got word that this was occurring, I check the Sync status, which showed no issues. I'd suggest that some language be added to the Sync menu to show that, even though the file is accessible, a frozen account can no longer add or receive changes to shared vaults.

It isn’t a very common setup to have both 1Password membership vaults and standalone vaults, and as such the sync screen doesn’t account for that. I am sorry for the frustration this caused.

I use it to access a shared keychain on a corporate Google Drive folder.

For what it’s worth, we do not support syncing via Google Drive.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.