To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to End a Subscription, Move to Stand-Alone License?

jwarthman
jwarthman
Community Member

I've owned several 1Password stand-alone licenses for many years. I'm considering moving to a subscription plan, but first I'd like to know if I can move back to a stand-alone license sometime in the future? If so, what is the process and are there any issues with this?

Regards,

Jim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member

I presume you'd wait for the sub to lapse, then just buy a license.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jwarthman: Indeed, you can cancel a 1Password.com membership at any time, and then either use the version for a license you already have or purchase one for whatever is current. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jwarthman
    jwarthman
    Community Member

Thanks @jimthing and @brenty. I was hoping for that answer.

As a follow-up, would the licensed version have access to the local copies of the "membership" vaults, or before the membership lapses would I need to create a new vault (e.g. on iCloud) and copy everything from the agilebits server to the new vault?

Thanks,

Jim

• @jwarthman

When your subscription lapses you’ll only have read-only access to your data. It would definitely be easier to handle this prior to the subscription lapsing. Further instructions can be found here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Ben

This discussion has been closed.