Installer not upgrading .NET Framework? [.NET 4.6.2 or later is needed]

Options
jgreene617
jgreene617
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1. In the add/remove programs control panel, the .NET version is listed as "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2", version 4.5.51209.

I tried installing 1PasswordSetup-7.0.555.BETA.exe. It installed, seemingly without complaining about or upgrading my .NET version. And then 1Password.exe repeatedly crashed... which I gather (from the forums, not the release notes) could be happening because it requires .NET Framework 4.6. Do you want more forensics, or should I just go ahead and try installing .NET Framework 4.6?

Application: 1Password.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadDeferredContent(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
   at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.CreateObject(System.Windows.Baml2006.KeyRecord)
   at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.OnGettingValue(System.Object, System.Object ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.OnGettingValuePrivate(System.Object, System.Object ByRef, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValueWithoutLock(System.Object, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.GetValue(System.Object, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Windows.ResourceDictionary.get_Item(System.Object)
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.App..ctor()
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.Program.RunMainApp(System.String[])
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.Program.Main(System.String[])

Faulting application name: 1Password.exe, version: 7.0.555.0, time stamp: 0x5b08ad4e
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24117, time stamp: 0x5add1e33
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c54f
Faulting process id: 0x13a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3f5423ff31105
Faulting application path: C:\Users\<redacted>\AppData\Local\1password\app\7\1Password.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 7e846997-6135-11e8-b482-507b9d392bcd

1Password Version: 7.0.555.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jgreene617 you have to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 or newer, unfortunately installer we use can't do that safely in all situations. Sorry for the trouble, we hope to improve that with time when we move to the next level with installers.

• jgreene617
    jgreene617
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I guess I was so eager to try the beta that I just skimmed the release notes and didn't bother searching for the official system requirements :-) I see now that this requirement is indeed documented for the fully-released versions.

I installed the .NET Framework 4.7 and now it works properly.

• MikeT
    Options

Awesome, thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.