Problem to fill fields that are common in brazilian websites

Hi! I started to use 1password a week ago (I migrated from Dashlane) and I've been facing some struggles when I need to fill fields ("CPF", for example) in register pages of Brazilian websites. In the prior software that I had used, I've needed to make some "gambiarra" (this is a Brazilian slang) to the system fill the forms by the way as I wanted (I've to put my CPF in the field Passport – and it's not the same thing, but it worked).

The CPF ("Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas", translated as "Physical Persons Register" or "Individuals Registration") is a number of identity here in Brazil (we've too the RG, Registro Geral, but it's not used commonly), and, by my researches, I think it's like SSN from USA.

So, I would like to know if it's have a another "gambiarra" that I can do to not have always to manually fill this fields from forms?!

Thank you, and I previously apologize for any mistakes in my writing!

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: macOS 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cpf

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Sfielks,

If there any mistakes I didn't notice them :smile: What I see is a well described issue along with details to help us understand the context.

I'm not sure 1Password will be able to help with this particular detail and it deserves an explanation. Only certain categories currently have the ability to fill and they are Login, Credit Card, Identity and Password items. Login items are specific to a single site and are dedicated to filling very particular fields in order to authenticate yourself with a site. Password items are similar but whose primary purpose is as a safety net when generating new passwords using 1Password.

This leaves Credit Card and Identity items. These are designed to work across all sites (the opposite of Login items) and we use a series of clues or identifiers to locate the correct field for a specific field relating to that item. They both only fill very certain pieces of information, the default fields. 1Password has a type for these nationally assigned numbers but 1Password does not have any ability to fill with that type or the awareness of the field to look for. If 1Password were capable of filling SSN for our US users I would have filed an issue to add support for CPF as being the Brazilian equivalent and added identifiers to fill those types of fields. As 1Password lacks the ability to fill with this type at all though it becomes a much larger issue.

For now 1Password won't be able to help with this field. If you have need to fill the CPF on the same site on a regular basis you can possibly bend a Login item to fit your need. Manually saving a Login item on a page using the steps detailed on "How to save a Login manually in your browser" ( https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/ ) can allow you to fill a form even if it isn't a sign-in form. It's only really useful if you have to fill the exact same form on a regular basis though. I apologise that I don't have something better to offer right now.

• Sfielks
    Sfielks
    Community Member

Thank you for the quick and polite answer. It's a pity that 1password doesn't have this function, but I really liked the app and I pretend to still use it for a long time!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your gracious answer, @Sfielks! Hopefully some time in the future we'll be able to look into filling more kinds of items. Perhaps once credit card and identity filling are 100% perfect. :chuffed:

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ 1Password
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.