How do I stay logged in to my personal account and not

Options

Hello!

I started a last pass account about 2 weeks ago and am using the ChromeX Extension. Switched from lastpass to 1password because I co run a small company with a team of 2 and we liked the team features. We plan to sign up for a business membership, and also manage our personal passwords in our own private vaults.

Because of this, I made the original business account / account owner / team lead under our generic tech administrative email address. I then added our 2 employees - myself and my co founder - as persons on our team.

It seems that I somehow, no matter what, end up logged in as the tech administrative email account that I originally set things up under. I keep logging out of all my 1password extensions on all my chrome profiles and logging back in with my personal account to A) access the shared business logins and B) save and access my own personal accounts under my private vault but one way or another it seems I always end up logged in and only able to access logins as that team lead email (which does not have access to the private vaults). I am confident I'm using my own work email I set my account up with as well as the master key from my own work email's emergency kit.

I could be totally misunderstanding something or doing something wrong here, but I can't figure this out.

My goal / hope here is to set up a business owned business account with our tech administrative email account so that account can be the holder of both me and my partners personal logins as well as business related logins that are shared between the two of us. But no matter what I do, while using the extension, I can't seem to escape being logged into the that tech administrative email address.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: Recently Downloaded
Extension Version: 1PasswordX for Chrome
OS Version: OS X 10.13.13
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @panema. I'm so glad to hear you're giving 1Password a look for your personal and business uses. When you say that you're logging out of all your "1Password extensions on all [your] chrome profiles" where are you doing this? Is this in 1Password X's settings (Click 1Password X in the toolbar, then the gear button, then Settings) or from the web interface to your account, e.g. mycompany.1password.com? If you remove an account from the 1Password X settings and it comes back, that would be very strange indeed, but if there's some mismatch of the expectations between signing in to 1Password.com vs the accounts stored in 1Password X, that could explain the trouble you're having.

Let us know what you find or if we can help further!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ 1Password
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.