1Password 7 update problem

1P_user2018
1P_user2018
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

1Password 7 is not checking for updates for me. On the 1Password dropdown menu, it states "Your app is up to date", I have had to locate and download and install the last two updates manually. For some reason 1Password is not recognizing that an update is available.

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1P_user2018,

Thank you for getting in touch!

First of all, could you please specify what Update channel you have enabled in 1Password 7 on your PC? Is it stable or beta? You can check it in Settings > Update > Update channel.

Please note that after the latest beta update (7.0.558), 1Password will only check for stable updates for those on the stable channel.
    Check your 1Password update settings to make sure you're on the right channel and if you want to receive beta updates in the future, switch the Update channel to beta.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• 1P_user2018
    1P_user2018
    Community Member

The update channel dropdown is empty...

• Hi @1P_user2018,

On your titlebar, there's a broken cloud icon; this means your 1Password app is not able to access 1Password.com domain, that means 1Password cannot check for updates as well.

That's also why your update channel does not show anything, the list of update channels is pulled from our server.

Can you check your security settings, make sure 1Password is not blocked?

• 1P_user2018
    1P_user2018
    Community Member

That is quite interesting. 1Password updates have been working fine until recently. Syncing appears to be working correctly. I am responding to you on the computer where 1Password is running so I have an internet connection. Any ideas why only 1Password can't access the internet?

• Hi @1P_user2018,

It's a very specific issue, basically the 1Password app itself cannot access the 1Password.com domain, it is not related to Internet itself or Dropbox, which has its own network stack to sync your 1Password vaults. If you're using 1Password.com account, then you would have the problem of not syncing.

It can be a DNS issue, proxy configuration or a firewall blocking 1Password from reaching 1Password.com domain.

If you don't have any security tools (anti malware or firewall), proxy or VPN in use, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• 1P_user2018
    1P_user2018
    Community Member

I do run an anti-virus program and also Malwarebytes, however I have been running these for years. I also use a VPN service. I must add that even with all of the aforementioned tools running, the update checking was working fine until recently. (I can't say exactly when it stopped working). I have been running 1Password 7 since the first beta was released. If you would still like the diagnostic report, just let me know.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1P_user2018,

Your Diagnostics Report will be really helpful. Please share it, so we could take a closer look at what is going on. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• 1P_user2018
    1P_user2018
    Community Member

I have sent the requested diagnostic report...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! I see that Neil is in touch with you via email, so we can continue the conversation there. :)

ref: QCV-66669-779

This discussion has been closed.