Attachments and external sync (Dropbox/iCloud)

hayrun
hayrun
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have a few local vaults and a few vaults sync'd by Dropbox (but that's a whole other issue) and when "moving" between vaults, if there is an attachment, the item will move over THEN tell me that the attachment

In other words, I have a login with attachments in local vault A. Then I "share and move" to a Dropbox sync'd vault and it moves the login, but then tells me that it can't move items with attachments to the vault. The problem is, it MOVES the login already to the shared vault and removes from the local vault WITHOUT the attachment. It effectively loses the attachment as it no longer shows up in the trash either.

Is this expected behavior? Can we no longer have attachments with Dropbox sync'd vaults? If not, is this on the roadmap?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.0.553
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2018

Hi @hayrun,

Thanks for reporting this!

That's a new bug, we're not supposed to move items that were skipped. I've filed hi-priority bug to fix that very soon.

Yes, we do plan to support attachments and others like custom icons for moving between standalone vaults in a future update to 1Password 7.

ref: OPW-2229

• hayrun
    hayrun
    Community Member

Thanks Mike for the quick response. I'm relieved that it's a fixable bug rather than another one of these pushes to the subscription model. I just purchased 1Password 7 yesterday and would immediately regret my purchase.

• Hi @hayrun,

We've fixed the issue with missing "attachments" in the original vault, it's a display issue and no actual files are lost, just in case you're wondering. This will be available in the next update very soon, we're validating the fixes but once you install this update, you'll see the original attachments back in the trashed items.

Just to be clear, items are moved but not attachments, this is a known issue listed here.

• hayrun
    hayrun
    Community Member

I've updated to the latest latest version 7.0.555 and the original attachments are no longer available anywhere. Once I saw that it was gone when moving to Dropbox vault, I checked trash, and restored to local vault, no longer saw attachments and came here to post. I updated and checked my item (Secure Note) again and still no attachments at all. Nothing in trash either as I had already moved back.

• Hi @hayrun,

Can you trash that original item that you just restored and see if it then shows up in there? It may not reflect without a change first after the update is installed.

• hayrun
    hayrun
    Community Member

That did the trick. Deleting and restoring brought it back. Thanks!

• MikeT
    edited May 2018

Awesome, thanks for letting us know. What happened was the second fix was on the display of the removed attachments in the trash, so while the item is not in the trash, it wouldn't show it.

We'll continue to polish this in future updates.

If there's anything else we can do for you, let us know.

This discussion has been closed.