To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Guests and multiple accounts

Nauktis
Nauktis
Community Member

Hi,

I'm thinking about moving to the subscription model and have two questions:

• Can I add guest users with an Individual membership? If not, does it mean that I need to buy a family subscription even though I will be the only user? I would like to use guest accounts for my accountant and such.

• Can I add several family accounts on the same installation? Can different accounts be mixed freely or are there any restrictions (like individual + family + teams for work)

Thanks a lot.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Nauktis,

I’d be happy to help answer these questions.

Can I add guest users with an Individual membership?

Individual memberships only allow access for one account. There is no mechanism for adding additional accounts (even guest accounts) to an individual membership.

If not, does it mean that I need to buy a family subscription even though I will be the only user? I would like to use guest accounts for my accountant and such.

1Password Families, 1Password Teams, and 1Password Business would all include guest functionality. Guests are counted separately from Family Members / Team Members, but are still users with their own 1Password accounts within your membership.

Can I add several family accounts on the same installation?

Yes, provided they are not part of the same membership.

Can different accounts be mixed freely or are there any restrictions (like individual + family + teams for work)

The only restriction I’m aware of is that two accounts from the same membership cannot be added to a single instance of 1Password. e.x. If Sue and Bob are part of the same 1Password Families membership, and they share a computer, they would each need their own user account on that computer in order to sign in to 1Password. If they were to try to share a user account only one of their accounts could be logged in.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Nauktis
    Nauktis
    Community Member

Thanks a lot for your very fast and clear answer!
    I'll set up my membership now that you've cleared out my remaining questions!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• Nauktis
    Nauktis
    Community Member

I started the process of creating my membership (going for a family one) but I still want to clear some things out before proceeding:

• I'm not sure what to choose between 1password.com and 1password.eu. Any difference in pricing? Are taxes calculated differently? (I'm based in Belgium - EU)
    • Once I have my membership, can I easily add my VAT number somewhere so that it appears on my invoices?

Thanks

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@Nauktis

The main difference in pricing for 1Password.com and .eu is what currency you are billed in. 1Password.com bills in USD whereas .eu bills in EUR. The amount will be approximately the same between the two services, but fluctuating currency markets being what they are, things can always vary. Everything else is charged the same.

As for a VAT number, you will be able to add that in on the billing settings page once the account is set up.

This discussion has been closed.