To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trying to sign up for a 1Password account. Now I need a Secret Key to gain access to my Secret Key?

buildGrange
buildGrange
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Memberships

I'm an existing 1Password 6 customer syncing via Dropbox trying to update to 1Password 7. Downloaded the update and went to the website to create an account. I was asked for a username and password, which I submitted, and I received and email stating my "Account is ready to go" and that I should print out my Emergency Kit which would hold my Secret Key. But when I click the link to print out the Emergency Kit, my Secret Key is a required field. I need ye Secret Key to login and see my Secret Key?

I'm so confused.

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @buildGrange

I would be happy to help you out but considering that this will be dealing with private account information, we should take it to email. What I would like you to do is send an email to support@1password.com. You will get a response from our friendly BitBot with your Support ID. Come back here and tell me that support ID and someone will be around to help you shortly.

• unsu
    unsu
    Community Member

I need a Secret Key to gain access to my Secret Key?

That's one of the biggest reasons I stay away from subscription accounts and just use iCloud-synced standalone vault.
    It is very difficult to manage. They must do something with 1password so it won't direct you to use your (lost) Secret key in order to get the same Secret Key.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

@unsu Your Secret Key is given to you when you first create your account. If something goes wrong with the initial account creation, we can assist, especially since, at that point, no data has been moved into the account.

• buildGrange
    buildGrange
    Community Member

Thanks! My support ID is #LYC-65429-244

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Great, thanks @buildGrange. I will be right with you.

ref: LYC-65429-244

This discussion has been closed.