Keeper to 1Password

Options

My partner has an individual Keeper account. If we signed up for a Family 1Password account, how would he go about porting over his saved Keeper data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@elizabethelizabeth ,

There is a Keeper Desktop converter in the converter suite. Use the 1.10 version in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post. The converter you will use is named keeper. See the README.pdf - don't let the amount of information there overwhelm you; its a step-by-step process, and if you follow the few steps exactly, the conversion should be easy.

I'm happy to help if you need it - just ask!

• elizabethelizabeth
    Options

Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of MrC you’re very welcome!

Ben

• elizabethelizabeth
    Options

Taking a look at these instructions.... he does not actually have a desktop or laptop at the moment. Can this transition be done via iOS, or would he be able to use my laptop to help move things over?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Options

@elizabethelizabeth

The Desktop version is required, since there is no export available in the mobile version.

• elizabethelizabeth
    Options

Thanks for such a quick response!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@elizabethelizabeth - once again, on behalf of MrC, you're quite welcome. :)

• wgmcg
    wgmcg
    Community Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

This doesn't even work a little bit. I consistently get "Import 0 items" Exported 0 total items. I have 1585 lines in the keeper export. No other errors, just fails.

Are these converters even still current? There's another thread mentioning tab delimited or html exports from keeper. I have none of those options. The only options they offer are csv or pdf. I've exported a csv buy these tools just fail silently on it.

I've tried to munge the csv into a format that matches the csv format exported from 1passwd but that import fails more or less silently as well. What a %$&$* nightmare.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options

@wgmcg,

Yes, the converters are still active and working.

First, which version of Keeper are you using, and on which platform are you running exporting on?

Keeper 10 changed their export format.

You don't need to, and should not, edit the export file. The converter will handle what you have, and if there is a chance in the export format, I'll update the converter to accommodate it.

Also, which version of the converter suite are you using? (e.g. where did you you get it?). If you are using the 1.09 version on the Agilebits repository, instead use the 1.10 version in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the converter suite thread.

Ask if you want any help, including remote help.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I've updated the converter suite to work with Keeper Desktop 12's change in export format on Windows.

This discussion has been closed.