Where's the "anchor" button? ["squares" or ⌘ O to open an item in a separate window]

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Lock icon no longer present.

Comments

• Chris_Hey
    Chris_Hey
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there I would like to add my voice to the others regarding the lock open or Anchor button. I have a number of passwords and sites that require me to enter a selection from my passwords ie. 1st 8th & 19th etc character of the password for this the fact that you could hold the 1password window open as you worked through the orthenticadtion process was essential. I now have to open the same screen in 1 password six times to log into my bank site. As this sort of authentication becomes more popular I would think that the lack of the lock open feature will become increasingly irritating.

• bh444
    bh444
    Community Member
    Options

@Chris_Hey I think that you aren't talking about the same button. The lock button in 1Password 6 made you type in your main password again. The Anchor button has been replaced with the "Open in Separate Window" button. It is to the right of the star/favorite and forward/ button and looks like two overlapping squares. You can see it where the lock button used to be in the main program. To get to it in the mini view, you have to first open the details of the item using the ">" button to the right, then you see it there as well.

• Chris_Hey
    Chris_Hey
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - the double squares is what a was looking for perfect

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bh444 Thank you! :chuffed:

@Chris_Hey: Indeed, I'm sorry for the confusion there.

In case it helps anyone, this also has a keyboard shortcut in 1Password 7: ⌘ O. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.