Keyboard shortcut doesn't work in Chrome

Options

Comments

• Colins2
    Colins2
    Community Member
    Options

I have changed back to Chrome as my default browser. Microsoft changed it to Edge with the update.
    However, the keyboard shortcut still won't work in Chrome. Very frustrating!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Colins2: Aha. I've had that happen a few times after updates. Glad you found that! If you're having trouble with something else, please start a new discussion with the details so we can investigate. We're always here to help. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Colins2: I've split you off into a separate thread so we can focus on the Chrome issue. Can you give me some details?

• Keyboard shortcut you're using
    • OS version
    • 1Password version
    • Chrome version
    • Extension version

Also, are you able to fill by clicking the 1Password button with the mouse? Thanks in advance! :)

• Colins2
    Colins2
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    Shortcut CTRL+\
    OS Windows 10 1803
    iPassword version 6.8.534
    Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Extension version 4.7.1.90 (just re-installed today to try to fix the issue)
    Yes, I can fill from 1Password mini by clicking, it is just the shortcut that doesn't work.
    The Mac version works fine on my laptop.

• @Colins2: Any chance something else is using Ctrl + \? If you're able to fill by clicking the 1Password icon, that usually means everything is working as it should and something is getting in the way. Could you try setting a different shortcut (Ctrl + . is my go-to for testing) and see if that works to fill? Don't forget to restart the app by choosing 1Password > Exit, then relaunching so 1Password can register the updated shortcut. Let us know what you find out. :+1:

• Colins2
    Colins2
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate No, sorry, that did nothing.
    My 1password says shortcut is Ctrl+[Alt+] and then a box where I can choose a key.
    It was '\' and I tried other keys with no effect. I tried using Ctrl+Alt+(other key), Alt+ (other key) and Ctrl+(other key) but nothing works.
    1Password knows which website is wanting a login because when I open it the appropriate login is there waiting. Clicking on it fills in the information and I can log in.
    It is only the shortcut that isn't working and only in Windoze 10
    I am honestly getting sick of writing this today but, like other apps I am having problems with, THEY WORK FINE ON MY MACBOOK!!!!!
    I think the latest build of Windoze has broken a few things, just for a change.

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here.

• @Colins2: The most recent Windows update has been some trouble, but this is the first I've heard of this specific trouble, so I'll stop short of blaming them for it. :wink: The keyboard shortcut alone not working is particularly odd as most of the time it's all or nothing with the extension, but I polled the masses and it sounds like most folks having this issue resolved it with a simple reboot. If you've not restarted Windows since this issue appeared, that would be my next step.

If you're still having trouble after a reboot, then I'd like you to spend a moment feeling absolutely ridiculous by visiting sites you have matching Login items for and pressing Ctrl + \ so that it will go ahead and do nothing whatsoever. This will create some log entries for us to look at and make sure calls are going back and forth as they should be so once you start feeling much too silly to continue, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread so we know where it came from. :+1:

You should also receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  If you post that number here, it will help us hunt it down so we can get back to you more quickly. Thanks! :chuffed:

• @qzmarco: Is it only the keyboard shortcut not working for you as well? Are you able to fill by clicking the extension icon and selecting your Login item?

• qzmarco
    qzmarco
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Hi. I restarted the Windows and everything went back to normal. The curious thing is that I had just turned on the computer and upgraded to version 7. In particular I have already noticed that some situations in Windows are not resolved by turning it off and on, but it is really necessary to use the Restart command. In fact, only when I reboot the system that the active CPU time counter of the task manager is zeroed.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @qzmarco,

If 1Password 7 works for you after a reboot, it is great! Thank you for keeping us posted.

Let us know if you bump into these issues again, we will investigate. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's interesting. I hadn't made that connection, but I've also experience that phenomenon — especially with Windows Update issues. Thanks for letting us know!

• Colins2
    Colins2
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate
    I did the same as qzmarco. I got a notification that v7 was available so I upgraded to that before re-booting.
    Everything seems to be working again now. I reset the shortcut to Ctrl+\ because Ctrl+ + and - zoom in and out with Chrome.
    Thanks for your help

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah totally. I love that feature in Chrome! Glad that rebooting helped, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.