To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New account creation failed, how do I get my secret key?

Options
ryan_o
ryan_o
Community Member

I'm an existing 1Password 6 customer trying to upgrade to an individual membership with 1Password 7. When I signed up for a membership in the new app I received an error message that said the account creation had failed, with no options or additional information. No error code, no button to try again, no way to contact support, nothing. Please consider improving the user experience of this error scenario.

I did however receive an email titled "Your account is ready to go" that instructs me to login or download my Emergency Kit to retrieve my secret key. But, I cannot login without the secret key. So I am stuck. I never received my secret key at any step in the process and seem to have no way to get it.

This seems to be the exact same issue as this person: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90912/trying-to-sign-up-for-a-1password-account-now-i-need-a-secret-key-to-gain-access-to-my-secret-key

How do I get my secret key?

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ryan_o

I’m really sorry to hear about the trouble. It sounds like the only way forward is going to be to delete that account and sign up fresh. Our sales team can help you do that. Please email them at sales@1password.com and include a link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90968/. When you email in you’ll get an automated reply back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Ben

• ryan_o
    ryan_o
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID is #ILR-68881-137

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Great, thanks @ryan_o. I've responded to your email. Let's take it from there.

ref: ILR-68881-137

This discussion has been closed.