To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Started off with 1Password7 on the wrong foot

gspidermac
gspidermac
Community Member

Hello team,

I've been using 1Password since 2007 and I wanted to give a try to the brand new 7th version and also to finally move into the membership scheme but I think I did everything wrong since I bought the standalone version through the Mac App Store (iTunes) and I thought that then I was going to be able to tweak it according to my needs since I would like to use the .eu domain and also I would like to upgrade my account to the family subscription.

I've been reading the forum today and I was just thinking if it would make sense to start from scratch, create a new family membership/account within the .eu domain and then migrate all the vaults and finally cancel the .com account.

What do you think? Or is this something that you can manage on your end?

I sent you also an email to your support email in case you want to continue through that channel.

Thanks and regards
Pedro

1Password Version: 7.0.1 Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gspidermac: Thanks for getting in touch! Since you don't have an account yet, there won't be any sensitive account details involved, so here is fine. Indeed, it sounds like you have the right idea. For a 1Password.eu account, you'll need to sign up on the website:

https://start.1password.eu/signup/plan

Then all you need to do is migrate your existing data to the account and then invite your family members so you can share vaults — and all the benefits of 1Password with them. That should get you started, but be sure to let us know if you have any questions along the way. We're here for you. :)

ref: ETG-28651-385

• gspidermac
    gspidermac
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty for your answer!
    So, I've created a new family account under .eu domain with my same email address and I'll start migrating my data and adding the other members.
    Now my question is what will happen with my other account in the .com domain and the subscription I already paid through the app/iTunes Store.
    I still didn't setup any payment in the family account so it is currently in trial mode, so please let me know how we can proceed from here.
    Thanks and regards! :)

• Please email our sales team for help getting any credit moved over — sales@1password.com

Thanks!

Ben

• gspidermac
    gspidermac
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, I already emailed them!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gspidermac: Great! I am sorry for the delay as we're a bit backlogged, but we'll get back to you as soon as we can. If you emailed us from your account's registered email address then just wait a bit and we'll be in touch. However, if you emailed from another address, please send another email from your account's registered address using this code as the subject:

[#ETG-28651-385]

That way we'll be able to find your account and get this sorted for you quicker. :)

• gspidermac
    gspidermac
    Community Member

Thanks @Brenty, no worries!
    So far I can still go on with the trial period so we still have time :)
    Yes, I did email with the one you sent me already with the same account and the code reference in the email's subject.
    Thanks and regards!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gspidermac: Sounds good! I see that Greig just beat me to it, so we'll continue the conversation via email.

• gspidermac
    gspidermac
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty ! Everything went great and Greig helped me to solve my issue and now everything is back on track!
    Have a great day! ;-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Greig, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.