Suggestions to improve 1Password 7 such as open to favorites in mini

michaeltoan0162
michaeltoan0162
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I’ve got two gripes with 1P for Windows. Perhaps you can help me figure out how to work around them, or submit these as enhancement requests.

1 - Open to Favorites. Whenever I open 1P Mini, it opens to all vaults. I then have to click on the Favorites (Star) icon and then select the account I want to copy/paste, etc. Is there a way to have 1P Mini open to the Favorites tab instead of the All tab? Make it a lot harder to navigate and quickly get to the credential I need.

2 - Speaking of 1P Mini.... Is there a way to change the CTRL+Alt+\ keyboard shortcut? I’d like to map it to keystrokes that work for me. We have that option with 1P for macOS? Can we have feature parity in this regard with 1P for Windows?

In general, I find 1P for Windows a bear to use due to all the extra clicks or right clicks that I need to make compared to 1P for macOS.

3 - bonus enhancement request... Can you please add the feature to 1P for Windows that rules in 1P for macOS? Put the cursor/selector on the password field in 1Password and highlight the copy button? I know that means you have to add a copy button/function in the Windows version. If not that, how about keyboard shortcuts to copy/paste as opposed to forcing users to use the mouse right click?

I’m very happy with 1Password overall, these are niggling little gripes I have with the Windows version because the operations to access credentials are so obtuse and foreign compared to 1Password for macOS.

Thanks for listening.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @michaeltoan0162,

Thanks for writing in with your suggestions to improve 1Password 7.

Open to Favorites. Whenever I open 1P Mini, it opens to all vaults. I then have to click on the Favorites (Star) icon and then select the account I want to copy/paste, etc.

This is planned for a future update, we plan to rebuild 1Password mini to be more like 1Password mini on macOS. Default to Suggested Items if there are and if not, default to Favorites.

Speaking of 1P Mini.... Is there a way to change the CTRL+Alt+\ keyboard shortcut? I’d like to map it to keystrokes that work for me. We have that option with 1P for macOS?

Yes, we plan to provide a full shortcut editor and provide three or more separate shortcuts like the macOS version of 1Password. For now, if you change the shortcut in 1Password settings under General > Keyboard Shortcuts, it changes for both Control + <your key> and Control + Alt + <your key>.

In general, I find 1P for Windows a bear to use due to all the extra clicks or right clicks that I need to make compared to 1P for macOS.

We do plan to simplify this as much as possible and to be more consistent, it'll get better over time.

Put the cursor/selector on the password field in 1Password and highlight the copy button?

If you mean hovering over the field to show copy button next to it, so that clicking the field copies it? If yes, then, yes we plan to redesign the entire item details viewer as well as the editor in a future update to 1Password 7.

If not that, how about keyboard shortcuts to copy/paste as opposed to forcing users to use the mouse right click?

If you're in 1Password mini, you can press the shortcut key or if you don't have that key on your keyboard, press Shift + F10 to trigger it. You'll get the list to copy whichever field you want.

We plan to add more shortcuts such as Control + Shift + U/P to copy the username or password.

In the main app, you can use Control + Shift + C on any Login item to get the copy username/password options.

We will improve this in future updates for sure.

This discussion has been closed.