1Password 7 Families - Control Which Vaults Sync/Show on Work Device

sunsailaway
sunsailaway
Community Member

Over the years, I have purchased several standalone/family licenses of 1Password, so this has never been an issue. I have an issue with this new setup that is part licensing and part functionality.

Using my past setup of purchased licenses, I could choose to install a licensed copy onto a work device and only share my one work related vault using a separate Dropbox account onto my work and personal devices, while using whatever other methods (e.g. Dropbox, iCloud, WiFi, Families subscription, etc.) to share personal vaults onto personal devices.

I signed up for a Families subscription to better integrate my family use of 1Password, facilitate the sharing of certain passwords (e.g. Netflix, WiFi, etc.), and provide backup/recovery amongst the family if ever needed. The cost justification helped because I was getting version updates as part of the subscription. After signing up for Families, I kept using standalone licenses (e.g. no Families subscription entered) on work devices so they had no knowledge/awareness of my personal vaults. The only vault the work devices could see was the one work vault shared via a separate Dropbox account.

Fast forward to the release of 1Password 7. My plan of version updates has an issue now. I can update all personal devices to 1Password 7 as I do not care which vaults they have awareness of. The only way to update my work devices is to enter my Families subscription information. This will in turn automatically show/sync all of my personal vaults in Families onto the work device. I cannot have nor do I want that.

I need the ability to do one of the following:
1) Enter Families subscription information for licensing only on the work device install, but have better control of which vaults show/sync to the work device
2) Using the Families subscription, download a license to use on a standalone install that does not connect it to my Families subscription vaults/sync

I know one obvious solution is to buy more standalone licenses of the latest version, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having the subscription model.

Any ideas/suggestions?

1Password Version: 6.8.8, 7.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6, OS X 10.13.3, Windows 7, Windows 10
Sync Type: All

Comments

This discussion has been closed.