Neither my safari or chrome extensions are working

Options
lamborghini600
lamborghini600
Community Member
edited March 2018 in Mac

I can’t get either my safari or chrome extensions to work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the extension on both browsers and restarted my mac many times. The extension still refuses to work. Please help me figure this out. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options on the the support page for fixing the browsing extension issues and none of them have worked

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:extension not working

ref: YCW-84716-882

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @lamborghini600. I see that you emailed a diagnostics report and I replied to your email. Please take a look and let's continue the conversation there. Thanks!

• Dutch_Bob
    Dutch_Bob
    Community Member
    Options

I seem to have the same problem non of the browser extensions work after upgrading to 1PW7 either in Chrome, Safari or Firefox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dutch_Bob: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with specific sites, or on a particular device? If so, please let me know the URL(s). Thanks in advance! :)

• Dutch_Bob
    Dutch_Bob
    Community Member
    Options

After opening any of the web-browsers I click the 1P icon, then nothing happens except for a mouse click cycle. Before the dialog box would open and I could fill in my login credentials. Now nothing happens. I have to Open PW7 and copy paste manually to log in. Also when filling in a new login there is no automatic saving dialog, like there used to be. I hope this helps.

1Password 7
    Version 7.0.1 (70001002)
    AgileBits Store

Firefox 4.7.1.90
    Chrome 4.7.1.90
    Safari 4.7.1

Mac OS Version 10.13.3

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I had a similar issue - Safari crashed and the extension uninstalled itself (or at least disappeared). I reinstalled it and it has been running fine since.

• Jacob
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Dutch_Bob Could you try restarting your computer? If that doesn't help, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: RYF-74118-874

• Dutch_Bob
    Dutch_Bob
    Community Member
    Options

OK diagnostics report send.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dutch_Bob Thanks! I've replied to you via email; let's keep the conversation going over there.

ref: RYF-74118-874

This discussion has been closed.