Exploring version 7 but a couple of minor (ho ho) queries...

Options
andycap
andycap
Community Member
  1. The order of my Favourites (in both the app and the menu bar Mini) seems to be restricted to alphabetical or reverse alphabetical. I can't manually reorder the logins by dragging them as I could with version 6. Is there a way?
  2. The Mini drop down from both the menu bar icon and the Safari toolbar icon falls into an immoveable position in the upper middle of the screen rather than being tied to the respective icon as they were in version 6. Can I change this behaviour to move it where I want it?
  3. The IOS counterpart seems unchanged. Is this correct?
  4. Your upgrade instructions page (I purchased a licence rather than a subscription) indicates that my old App Store version would remain in the Applications folder and would need to be manually deleted. It isn't there although there is a zipped app. Was it automatically overwritten?

These are possibly minor concerns (especially compared to some other recently posted questions!) burt some advice would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The order of my Favourites (in both the app and the menu bar Mini) seems to be restricted to alphabetical or reverse alphabetical. I can't manually reorder the logins by dragging them as I could with version 6. Is there a way?

Not currently (a link to an AgileBits' post on the Mac beta forum).

The Mini drop down from both the menu bar icon and the Safari toolbar icon falls into an immoveable position in the upper middle of the screen rather than being tied to the respective icon as they were in version 6. Can I change this behaviour to move it where I want it?

Yes. With a little fiddling around to hit the right spot on 1Password mini you can drag the window to where you want it and it will remember that location next time you open it.

The IOS counterpart seems unchanged. Is this correct?

Assuming you have the latest version installed (i.e., the App Store is not telling you there is any update), yes.

Your upgrade instructions page (I purchased a licence rather than a subscription) indicates that my old App Store version would remain in the Applications folder and would need to be manually deleted. It isn't there although there is a zipped app. Was it automatically overwritten?

Your data will have been imported into 1Password 7. If all is well and you don't need 1Password 6 any more you can safely delete the zip file. Installation of 1Password 7 created the zipped 1Password 6 installation for you as a safety net in case anything went wrong.

Stephen

• andycap
    andycap
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your advice Stephen. It all works. I don't have a lot of favourites and reordering them is readily achieved by numbering the names.
    My my, there is a lot of chat on this forum, some of it quite angry! You and the rest of the team are doing a grand job dealing with it...

• rudy
    Options

@andycap,

I wanted to add to @Stephen_C 's comments, that the biggest hit target for moving the mini window around is when 1Password is locked, nearly the entire window can be clicked for dragging around purposes. This is something we're hoping to remedy in an update so that more of the window will let you drag it while unlocked.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.