Can I belong to and combine two or more family accounts?

Options
tonyfahey
tonyfahey
Community Member

I have been usining the stand alone version for my family but also belong to my brother in law’s family so I can share a vault fo my mom with my sister. If I transition my vaults to a family account for myself will my membership in the other family have any issues? What about if I need to join other family accounts? Is there an extensibility limit?

1Password Version: 6 & 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX & Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox and 1Password Family
Referrer: forum-search:Can I belong to and combine two or more family accounts?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @tonyfahey,

I'm currently signed into 7 different 1Password accounts and haven't had any issues. I know there are others on the team that have even more, and more vaults in each than I do. So you should be fine on that front. :) The only thing I'd mention is that the Master Password for whichever account you add to the app first will be the one to unlock the app on that device. So order may be important (but you could also opt to use the same Master Password for each account - this is the recommended method).

The only limitation that I'm aware of is that you cannot sign in to multiple accounts within the same membership.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.