The release notes keep disappearing…

Options
ferebee
ferebee
Community Member

Every time 1Password 7 upgrades itself, it displays the release notes, which is nice.

Then, right when I’m reading them, they disappear, while the upgrade proceeds. It gets me every time.

I find this very disconcerting.

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• pervel
    pervel
    Community Member
    Options

You can read them here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

You can also access that link from the Help menu in 1Password.

• ferebee
    ferebee
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, of course. It’s just disconcerting to have them helpfully display, then suddenly disappear. What a tease!

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @ferebee! Is the updater installing, rather than simply downloading, the update when the notes disappear? If so, that would be why – it's closing the updater to relaunch 1Password. :)

• ferebee
    ferebee
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, exactly, that‘s what’s happening. I see the update notification, accept, and it downloads. So I start reading the release notes, but my connection is fast enough that I don’t get to finish before the updater installs and relaunches.

It would be less jarring, for instance, if the updater just displayed a button or link to open the release notes in the browser. Or else, it could show an “install and relaunch” button when it’s ready, which is what many other apps do.

• Jacob
    Options

Good to know! I have that as well since I've got gigabit – downside of gigabit :lol: We'll keep that in mind for some future improvements.

This discussion has been closed.