suggested login stays on previous (related) login after switching tab...?

Options

Since the upgrade to 1P7 it seems that the suggested login for a website is not beeing selected when I logged into another site previously in another browser tab. The suggested/selected login at the new tab is still the login from the previous tab. I tested this with Chrome and Firefox.

Am I the only one seeing this and getting bothered by this? Just hitting enter as previously was way more convenient.
Is there an option to reverse this behaviour change which I just did not yet found?

1Password Version: 7.0 any
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @medea61,

I'm not sure I'm following. Are you referring to the list of matching Login items or are you performing a search in mini? If you can describe in detail the steps that reproduce what you're seeing we can certainly discuss and investigate.

• medea61
    medea61
    Community Member
    Options

hi
    to reproduce:

• open two empty tabs in browser
    • open a website you want to login in each tab
    • login with the browser exension in tab 1
    • --> notice the selected login beeing the one matching for that website
    • switch to tab 2
    • hit the browser extension button
    • --> notice the matching login for that website is on top of the list, but the selected login beeing the one used previously in tab 1
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @medea61,

Is it the same site in both tabs and do you need more than one matching Login item? When I open two tabs and switch between them I only see the correct matches for that site. I'd quite tempted to ask for a screenshot but I think we'll need to move the discussion to email as I wouldn't want you to post anything even remotely personal or sensitive here in our public support forums. If that sounds like a good plan you can email us at support+extension@1password.com and mark it for the attention of me :smile:

• medea61
    medea61
    Community Member
    Options

Hello littlebobbytables
    Mail is on the way.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @medea61,

Thank you, I've found the email and thanks to your screen recording I can now recreate the issue. The missing detail from my attempts was to use different subdomains in each tab. Once I did that I can see exactly what you mean. I have filed an issue so we know to address this.

ref: apple-1504

• medea61
    medea61
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @littlebobbytables

Thank you for your kind reply in private. Already looking forward to the next release then. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I can't promise it will make it into the next release but I can and will promise to make sure the developers know this needs addressed. It could make the next release, but depending on what issues they need to focus on and how urgently those fixes need to be made available to everybody it might be a release or two. That sounds possibly bad if you think weeks or longer between updates but 7.0.1-7.0.3 have all been quick releases to address certain issues we've learnt from the 1Password 7 release. It might be there are a couple more quick releases, I'm not privy to those kind of details.

It is something we need to fix though as your example has highlighted something that doesn't make sense.

• medea61
    medea61
    Community Member
    Options

Fair enough.

BTW: I found out that logging in with the keyboard shortcut (in my localized version) actually selects the right secret.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @medea61,

Thanks for checking that. It's good to know the dumb behaviour is limited the interface and 1Password is still making the right choice when it doesn't show the new 1Password mini.

This discussion has been closed.