How to store the number of characters in the generator ?

Options
Yversam
Yversam
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello !

How can I make each automatically generated password 28 characters long and with symbols?
Because each time it is a password of 20 characters without symbol.
I would like it to memorize my choice in the generator via the extension and when we generate a password from a site via the pop-ups

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.7.3
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Yversam,

Welcome to our support forum. We are delighted to have you here! <3

The password generator was initially designed to be reset after each use to use default settings that are compatible with the vast majority of websites. Based on the feedback here on the forums, we've decided to make some changes and start saving changes made to the Password Generator. We are currently testing this and a bunch of other improvements internally, but they will be included in our next beta. If you want to get this change as soon as it's public, I recommend uninstalling the stable version of 1Password X and checking out our beta channel.

Thanks for bringing this up. I hope you have a great rest of your week!

-Beyer

• Yversam
    Yversam
    Community Member
    Options

@beyer The update didn't just happen by chance? ;)

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Check the new Beta ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, we've gotten a lot of great feedback, and it seems like a good compromise might be to save the sane defaults for Suggested Passwords, and reserve customization and saved user preferences for the more advanced password generator. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.