Installation Error on Windows 7

Options

Hi I am trying to install 1Password7 for Win on my Win 7 system (64bit) but I get this error when I run the installer: "1password for windows desktop has stopped working". It happens after I press Install in the ehm installer. And it seems that installation never finishes. I do not have a new folder on my system in Program Files or anything. The popups seem to stop coming if I disable the browser extensions.

The version I tried to install is 1PasswordSetup-7.0.558.exe. I have running on my system 1Password4 4.6.2.626.

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90 Chrome, 4.7.0.90 FF
OS Version: W7 Professional 6.1 build 7601 SP1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @kathym,

Thanks for reporting this.

Can you uninstall 1Password 4, reboot, and then see if 1Password works. It is not possible for both 1Password 4 and 7 to co-exist while using the 1Password extension. We're planning to add the ability to remove 1Password 4 when installing 1Password 7 later this year.

• kathym
    kathym
    Community Member
    Options

I never got the 1Password 7 version properly installed. Before but what I did just now was deinstall 1Password 4, reboot and try to install 1Password 7. I get the same error. I have to click the error message twice for it to go away. And then it pops up again a few seconds later

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kathym,

Thank you for the screenshot! That is quite strange.

Do you happen to use an AV/anti-malware software on this computer?

Additionally, please try to download and install the latest .NET Framework, and check if the installation works for you after that. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• kathym
    kathym
    Community Member
    Options

The new .Net Framework did the trick. Thanks guys for helping me out. Nice that I can still buy a one-off license as well. And now the Windows version looks smexy too!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kathym,

Fantastic news! :chuffed: I am glad to hear that it helped. I hope you will like 1Password 7 for Windows, but please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.