I cannot figure out how to log into the upgrade

Options
ijim
ijim
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

I had a stand alone purchase of 1Password. I was using version 6 and just upgraded to version 7. I cannot figure out how to get logged in on my Mac.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.0
OS Version: OSX 10.13.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @ijim

As a license holder for 1Password 6, 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade for you. You have two options going forward:

The first is to sign up for a 1Password membership. To do that, when you open 1Password 7 the first time, click the option to start your trial and create an account. Then you will be given the option to import your old data into your new account.

The other option is to buy a new license. Depending on the screen there will either be a link at the bottom referring to licenses where you can go and purchase one or, a bunch of options for syncing such as Dropbox or iCloud. Click which one you use and follow the instructions to connect up.

• ijim
    ijim
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @Corey_C , Thank you for your assistance. I was able to get it back in operation. On the iPhone version I assume I will have to point the sync to the new 1 Password.opvault file?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ijim - That's correct. If you've transitioned from Agile Keychain to OPVault, you'll need to re-sync ALL your other instances of 1Password with this new vault in Dropbox. Fortunately, it's pretty easy of all devices. Just turn syncing OFF, then turn in back ON, and point it at the OPVault instead of the Agile Keychain (if it still exists).

• ijim
    ijim
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Thank you sir!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ijim - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.