In 1Password 7 my extension in Safari won't work.

Options
tascottiv
tascottiv
Community Member

In 1Password 7 my extension in Safari won't work. Download of new one says it can't be installed. Can you help? I have 1Password 7.002 and Mac OS 10.13.4

1Password Version: 7.0.2
Extension Version: ???
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: ??
Referrer: forum-search:In 1Password 7 my extension in Safari won't work. Download of new one says it can't be installed

Comments

• MrRooni
    Options

Hi there @tascottiv. Thanks for taking the time to write in. You should be able to install the 1Password extension for Safari using this link here: https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C

Does that work for you?

• collinng
    collinng
    Community Member
    Options

Same here. It stopped working after I installed the latest update yestserday.

• MrRooni
    Options

Hi there @collinng. Sorry for the trouble you're having. Did you update from 1Password 7.0.1? If you quit and relaunch Safari does that kick things into gear?

• collinng
    collinng
    Community Member
    Options

I'm currently running 7.0.2 desktop version, on 11.1 Safari and 4.7.1 OnePassword Safari Extension

• tascottiv
    tascottiv
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, MrRooni, but there's still a problem. When I went to your link it said "installed" (already) so I uninstalled it from Safari Pref and then reinstalled it. Just as before, when I click on it (the 1Password extension, the little keyhole to the left of the URL bar at the top of my Mac, it opens nothing. Simply does nothing.

• tascottiv
    tascottiv
    Community Member
    Options

MrRooni, correction: I tried opening the app again and now the extension works. But it's different than before. When I click on the website I want the password filled in for, it does fill it but then it no longer goes directly to that site. It's not the end of the world, of course, because all I have to do is click "login" myself on any site, but it's just different than before.

• MrRooni
    Options

I'm glad that it's working now, @tascottiv. As far as logging you in automatically, make sure this preference is enabled:

@collinng Are you still having trouble even after relaunching Safari?

• collinng
    collinng
    Community Member
    Options

I uninstalled the extension. restarted my computer. turn on OnePasseword desktop. reinstall the extension.

now everytime i hit the little OnePassword icon next to my address bar, it just pops up the OnePassword desktop

• tascottiv
    tascottiv
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, MrRooni. That's the answer. It was unchecked on mine. There is a wrinkle, though. You must also go through another step involving a "autosubmit script installation."

• Jacob
    Options

@collinng To get a better idea of what the issue is, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• collinng
    collinng
    Community Member
    Options

i just did all that. i hope you guys can take a look and let me know.

Thanks!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@collinng

Please post the Support ID you received from BitBot so we can locate your report.

• collinng
    collinng
    Community Member
    Options

your support ID is [#QXJ-58872-781]

• Ben
    Options

Hi @collinng

Thanks for the report. It looks like Adam has been in touch with you via email. Let’s continue the conversation there. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.