Help! My wife's passwords are gone!

Options
attrapereves
attrapereves
Community Member

Here's what I did:

1. Paid for a Family license (previously on stand-alone), set up my personal account, and upgraded to 1Password 7. Everything was good to go!
  2. Invited my wife
  3. Logged into my wife's account (computer account, not 1Password) on the Mac and set up her account online.
  4. Then I opened 1Password 7 and was prompted to log in to an account. I logged in to her 1Password account and do not see her 1Password 6 vault which was synced with iCloud. I was able to locate the backups folder, but cannot find a way to import the data. Her data must still exist in iCloud and in the backups, but I don't see a way to restore it.

How do I restore the standalone vault data stored in iCloud or the data from the backup?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• attrapereves
    attrapereves
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to copy everything over using my wife's iPad, but I'm curious to know if this was possible to do on a Mac.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @attrapereves
    did you copy over the data from the iCloud vault to the 1Password.com vault as described here: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

• attrapereves
    attrapereves
    Community Member
    Options

I wasn't given an opportunity to copy anything over. When I opened 1Password 7 on my wife's Mac account, it prompted me to login to her 1Password account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@attrapereves: I'm glad to hear you were able to do it, but in case it helps anyone else Manaburner linked the instructions for doing this. It's also possible to move items between vaults at any time, and we're happy to help if you have any questions. Cheers! :)

• attrapereves
    attrapereves
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: The problem is that I wasn't seeing the iCloud vault at all. I was only seeing the Private and Shared 1Password.com vaults. How would you open the iCloud vault?

• Ben
    Options

If 1Password 6 was installed and set up on the Mac with the iCloud synced vault then 1Password 7 normally would recognize that and automatically import that data into 1Password 7. From there you'd go through the same migration process Manaburner pointed to.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.