1Password X not remembering setting

Options

When using the password generator in 1Password X I change the setting "Symbols" so that the generated password will include symbols. The password generated includes symbols and all is good. However, when I close the Password Generator screen and go back, the "Symbols" setting is disabled again. i.e. 1Password X is not remembering/saving the previous setting when I enabled it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.7.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member
    Options

Short and sweet
    It should be like this ;)

• dteare
    Options

Thank you for taking the time to report this, @alanper. You're right, at the moment the Strong Password Generator doesn't remember any changes to your preferences. This was a conscious decision we made as we wanted to default to a strong password (i.e. it's too easy to configure a weak recipe for a website that requires a short password) but I can see how it can become a pain in the neck to have the settings constantly reset. We'll need to find a way to address both concerns.

Thanks again for the feedback,

++dave;

• SirSpidey
    SirSpidey
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I also find this decision not to save my preferences annoying. It's a setting that falls into the category, "we know better than you, but won't tell you." A notification could address this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SirSpidey: Not quite, but you should check out the beta. ;)

• SirSpidey
    SirSpidey
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for the link. I'll try the beta.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Looking forward to hearing what you think. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.