Unlocking 1PW7 Windows momentary item list flash

ekontrec
ekontrec
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When I go to unlock my vault from the Chrome extension, there is a momentary flash of the item list and then the lock screen shows up. Please see attached short video documenting it. Not sure if it is a bug, but definitely not something I've seen before or on MacOS.

PS: Cannot attach .mp4 video file (file format not allowed) - Dropbox shared link below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fw4t2yp78gwrf3j/1password_flash.mp4?dl=0

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• @ekontrec thank you for your video, this is something we are investigating. It appears that system caches image before we get the chance to remove it.

• ekontrec
    ekontrec
    Community Member

Cheers, thanks for looking into it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for bringing this up! :) :+1:

• battis
    battis
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

I've noticed (for some time now -- i.e. this isn't new with 1P7) that, if I let 1P lock through inactivity, that the next time I open the 1P mini menu -- either from the browser extension or the system tray -- I get a quick flash of what was in the 1P mini menu the last time I had it open, before the 1P keyhole lock screen comes up to take my master password.

This means that, even though 1P is nominally locked, I get a view of some subset of my logins -- showing both the site and username information to someone potentially unauthorized. I imagine this is some sort of redraw caching issue? Obviously this hasn't been tormenting me intensely, since it's taken me several months to bother to ask about it... but i does seem like a good thing to fix.

1Password Version: 7.0.5.58
    Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
    OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134
    Sync Type: 1Password.com

• @battis i've merged your post with similar thread. Thanks for reporting it, we are investigating how to get rid of this caching.

This discussion has been closed.