To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Just downloaded i 7. I am able to log on to the site. How do I find my secret code, if I can

Options
bobby269
bobby269
Community Member

I downloaded i7. I started with i4 . It downloaded but it is smarter then me. It is asking for my secret key. How can I find out if I was entitled to download it and have a secret code, If not how can IPurchase it. The program is to the point of asking for my secret code.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Just downloaded i 7. I am able to log on to the site. How do I find my secret code, if I can

Comments

• bobby269
    bobby269
    Community Member
    Options

Mac version i 7. Latest mac.

• BruceWeinstein
    BruceWeinstein
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BruceWeinstein, @bobby269: It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any questions and we'll go from there. :)

• BruceWeinstein
    BruceWeinstein
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I would like to get the membership. Now I think I might have it but not 100% sure. Can you check to confirm for me? During my troubles I think I tried to sign up but it did not work. I do have license for 1Password 6 but I presume I need to purchase new license for 1Password7.

Thanks and look forward to your reply.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BruceWeinstein: A 1Password 7 license is a new purchase, or you can get this and all updates for all of the apps with a 1Password.com membership. You can sign up here:

1Password.com

Either way, you can find pricing and details on what's new on our blog:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• BruceWeinstein
    BruceWeinstein
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty OK so I installed 1Password7 using different email address than email address for 1Password6. I assume this is OK. It imported all my passwords from version 6.

I now want to see if I have a membership. When I try it is asking me to log into my 1Password account. One of the requirements is the Secret Key. I dont know it and it is causing me to be stuck here.

How can you help?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BruceWeinstein: You will only have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com, if you've signed up for a membership. Have you done that? If you're signed into an account in the app (Settings/Preferences > Accounts) then you definitely have one, and you'll be able to view your account information there. Let me know!

This discussion has been closed.