How to list items that don't have tags?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1PW7 Request: Show a list of all objects without tags.

Comments

• SirAtilla
    SirAtilla
    Community Member
    Options

This doesn't seem to work in 1Password 7 for Mac. Should it?

• MikeT
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @SirAtilla,

Thanks for writing in, no or at least, not yet.

The reason we have these search filters in Windows version is because macOS version have this instead:

You can use that to find items without a tag. To get that UI, click on the search icon to select Search options:

The problem is, the way that works on macOS doesn't exist on Windows nor is it cross-platform friendly. We're working on some ideas to find a cross-platform solution and to build a smart search UI on top of it, so that you could technically save it and it'd work the same way on all platforms 1Password is on.

• SirAtilla
    SirAtilla
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I have tried various combinations in that search field to find items without any tag and can't seem to find the magic to make it work. For example if I create a brand new entry of any type and save it (has no tag) and then do a search using the method you describe I can't get that entry to show up.

• MikeT
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @SirAtilla,

Did you make sure nothing is in the search field and you're searching in the right category?

I just did this and it shows up either in All Items and Logins:

• SirAtilla
    SirAtilla
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

If I do a search for tag "is" and leave the entry blank nothing shows up. If I do "is not" like in your pictures I get my entire list of items without or without tags. I want just any items have do not have a tag so I know to organize them.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @SirAtilla,

Sorry, it is a bug, it shouldn't show both but tag is empty should've returned the list of untagged items. I got confused there, all of the reason we need to rebuild this view, it's not that easy to use.

I'll file a bug report with the macOS team to look into why it is not showing untagged items in tag is empty.

• SirAtilla
    SirAtilla
    Community Member
    Options

ok thank you for quick iteration.

• MikeT
    edited June 2018
    Options

No problem, we'll get this fixed and behave consistently on all platforms as soon as we can.

ref: apple-1557

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @SirAtilla,

While the original bug in 1Password for macOS is still open, there's another way to find items without a tag that does work, use the number of tags + is + 0.

• SirAtilla
    SirAtilla
    Community Member
    Options

Ah perfect - didn't even notice that option - meets my needs.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Mike, we're happy to have helped you. :)

Let us know anytime if you've got more questions or feedback!

• dzk
    dzk
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, any 1Password folks following this thread, the original Mac client bug acknowledged by MikeT in June 2018 above still exists as of this writing in version 6.8.9 (689001). The workaround he describes still works, thank goodness, but you may want to fix that
    "tag is not blank" bug once and for all.

• Ben
    Options

@dzk

1Password 6 has been retired and is no longer being updated. Please check out the information on the upgrade to 1Password 7 here:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever | 1Password

Ben

• ClickAss
    ClickAss
    Community Member
    Options

I'm confused. Just testing 1PW for Teams. Mac on Firefox 70.0. My screen looks nothing like those above, and the search box has none of the functionality described. How can I find tagless logins? (I assume I'm on 1PW 7 though I have no idea how to verify that, as it seems not to be shown anywhere, but I just created the account today).

What I see:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ClickAss:

You need 1Password for Mac (the desktop app) to get to that menu. It's not available in the web app.

This discussion has been closed.