Determining/Setting AWS server localization due to compliance reasons

We need to know how to either verify we're only in US-based AWS datacenters, or configure our business account so we're only in US-based AWS datacenters. Where can I find that information? Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:AWS

Comments

• Hi @brettsadler,

If your 1Password account is on 1Password.com, as opposed to 1Password.ca or 1Password.eu, then you're only in US-based AWS datacenters. We keep .com entirely within the US, .ca within Canada, and .eu is within Germany.

Rick

• brettsadler
    brettsadler
    Community Member

@rickfillion Thank you for the quick response. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Might I suggest adding that to the Support section for the Business product. If it's already there then my searching failed me, but I didn't see it when I looked. Thank you again.

• You're right, we should have that info there. We currently do a poor job of advertising the .ca and .eu servers and it's something we're looking to make better, and explaining the differences between them so that people can make an educated choice about where they're hosting their data.

Rick

• brettsadler
    brettsadler
    Community Member

Well, for instance in our organization it's a legal requirement. Maybe putting that information on the HIPAA page you have for instance would be useful. I know that's HIPAA is one of the reasons why we have our requirement. Anyways, it's not a criticism, just an observation. Thank you again!

• That's a good idea.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.