Edge extension does not fill and can't opened in browser.

Options
WGBeekhuis
WGBeekhuis
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I installed the Edge Extension from the ink in 1Pwd7. The first time when I clicked in Edge on the Button, the extension worked fine but when I tried to open the Agilebitforum within 1Password, the Edge extension did not do anything.
I uninstalled the extension and installed again. The same issue was reconstructable.
In Firefox the extension works fine.

1Password Version: 7.0.543.BETA
Extension Version: Edge latest
OS Version: Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) Pro/64Bits
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @WGBeekhuis,

Thanks for reporting this.

This is a known issue with Edge in Windows 10 (1803/April 2018 update), Microsoft has changed something to break the compatibility support with 1Password extension. At the moment, we are not able to find any quick fixes on our side nor do we foresee any long-term fixes yet, there are too many limitations with Edge and Microsoft Store in general that we may not be able to support it at all soon.

What you can do is close Edge, bring up Task Manager, go to the Details tab, end task all 1Password.Edge. processes. Restart Edge and it should work until you close Edge.

We're working with Microsoft to find a solution but given that Microsoft rarely update Edge outside of their six-month release cycle, we would recommend sticking with Firefox for now.

• WGBeekhuis
    WGBeekhuis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for the tip, I will try this one.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome.

• WGBeekhuis
    WGBeekhuis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    Has this issue already fixed?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @WGBeekhuis,

No, we're still battling with this issue. We added a few workarounds but they lead to further instabilities within Edge. We're still on it but hope to have good news soon.

This discussion has been closed.