I can update 1Password 6 to 7

Options
The_Ricky
The_Ricky
Community Member

Hi, I currently have 1Password 6.8.8 for Mac. When I go to 1Password > About 1Password > I see it says "Mac App Store" in the little window that pops-up so Im assuming I got the app from the Mac App Store.
I have a Family membership. My MacBook Pro at home has been updated to 7 but my iMac here at work hasn't received any updates. I keep going to UPDATES on the Mac App Store but I get nothing. Do I need to keep waiting?

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.13.4
Sync Type: Family Plan
Referrer: forum-search:update

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@The_Ricky,

No wait is needed. We opted for 1Password 7 to be a new product SKU in the Mac App Store, so you'll want to navigate over to https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/app/1password-7/id1333542190?mt=12 (or the correct path in your country's Mac App Store) to get 1Password 7.

Rudy

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy thanks for getting back to me quick. Im in the US, so I can just go to the Mac App Store and download 1Password 7 and will my settings or data be transfer from 6 to 7? Or is there anything I need to do?
    Thanks

• rudy
    Options

@The_Ricky,

It should recognize you have existing data and copy that over to use with 7. After launching it should take you straight to the somewhat familiar lock screen.

Rudy

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy
    Thanks that worked. I now have 1Password 7, everything seems to be working just fine.
    One question, I now have 1Password 6 & 7. How do I get rid of 6 without affecting 7?
    Thanks

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy
    Hi, I was wondering if you had any suggestion on how to get rid of 1Password 6.
    This is becoming a major pain because when I tried to use 1Password to fill out my browser logins, 1Password 7 tells me to install the browser plugin but its already install. And 1Password 6 is also trying to fill out my browser login.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Aaargh - please don't post the same question in separate threads. I answered the other one and now have just come across this one. It's a bit of a waste of time having to cross-reference replies when the forum is so busy. :)

Stephen

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member
    Options

I apologize but since I never heard back from Rudy, I needed to post my follow up question in the forum. Its also a waste of time for me trying to figure out this problem and I keep going around in circles with no clear answer.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @The_Ricky, Stephen and I have answered your question in the other thread. Let's continue our discussion there!

This discussion has been closed.