To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

A quick question about Documents

davidscot
davidscot
Community Member

I want to export a few Documents from a vault to an encrypted Mac USB drive for emergency use. The docs are PDFs and Jpegs. The Export file type options are .csv, tab-delimited .txt, and .1pif. I don't want to use .1pif because I will need a computer with 1Password to read it. Neither of the other options makes sense for PDFs or jpegs. I've tried to export anyway, and a file is created, but it's useless.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @davidscot

1Password's export function is mainly for transferring data from one password manager to another. What you seem to want to do is take the documents themselves and store them somewhere else. That is done somewhat differently. Open up your 1Password vault and navigate over to the documents you want to save on the USB. Download the file if you haven't already and by mousing over it, you should be given a dropdown menu with an option to open the file in your system viewer. Once open, you can then save the file to your encrypted USB drive like you would any other file.

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

I have a connected question, please: when an Export (1P 7.0.4) warns that documents were not saved in the 1pif file - are the remaining items all saved, or was the Export aborted, please?

TIA!

• @Mark Sealey Yes, everything else was saved in the export. Documents aren't because the 1PIF doesn't support them. You can download each file from your documents and move them somewhere related to your export if you'd like.

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Thanks, Jacob; I did export/download my documents.

Much appreciate that you took the time and trouble to reassure me that the rest are exported safely.

You're all very busy - and doing a great job. Love 1P7 Thanks!

• @Mark Sealey Fantastic! No problem at all. :)

This discussion has been closed.