Troubleshooting Missing 1P Icon in Safari

2»

Comments

• tjreo
    edited December 1969
    I've had the same problem with the 1P icon not showing in Safari 4 in Snow Leopard.

Evernote is installed but I have turned off the web clipping option.

This is the error that I see when I run 1Password, the application.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64095110@N00/3919295311
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    At the risk of stating the obvious, have you done what the prompt indicates? Does the ~/Library/LaunchAgents folder exist? Do you have write access to it? Have you repaired permissions with Disk Utility?
  • tjreo
    edited December 1969
    I could have been much clearer:
    * Yes, the folder exists
    * I DO have write access to it
    * I have repaired permissions twice since I have seen the problem.

None of those items appears to have helped.

I also took that advice of someone earlier in the thread to rename the Safari properties file. That did not work either.
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    tjreo wrote:
    I could have been much clearer:
    * Yes, the folder exists
    * I DO have write access to it
    * I have repaired permissions twice since I have seen the problem.

Please use Finder and drag some files into the LaunchAgents folder. In theory if 1Password cannot write there, then Finder will not be able to either.
  • tjreo
    edited December 1969
    Great test!

The LaunchAgents folder had "system" and "everyone" as Read/Write but my profile was not listed.

The Finder forced me to authenticate before it would perform the copy.

After adding my profile to the Sharing & Permissions portion of the Get Info window for the LaunchAgents folder, the copy worked without a problem.

I quit Safari and 1Password, restarted 1Password (which successfully created its' launch agent), restarted Safari. Then the beautiful 1P icon showed up right where it is supposed to be.

Thank you for helping me get through this issue!
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    That's great to hear! Thanks for the update. We're working on ways to make this more robust for future release.
  • jbinkc
    edited December 1969
    Just FYI. I installed OSX 10.6, and 1PSWD 3 beta today. I had enough problems with passwords, syncing, getting repeated messages that I had entered an invalid password, etc, that I went back to version 2 of 1PSWD. I've been thru the list of steps to get the 1P icon on Safari toolbar, without success. Firefox appears to be working OK with ver2. I'll just use that until I get good news from y'all.
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Hi, jbinkc, and welcome to the forums.

Have you seen this thread about missing Safari extension icon in 1Password 2?

http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?t=16716

Also, since you're on Snow Leopard, you'll need to run Safari in 32-bit mode for 1Password 2 to work. I would recommend that you try 1Password 3 again. Make sure the 1PasswordAgent is running and follow the other tips in this thread and let us know how you get on.
  • erau
    edited December 1969
    Count me among those who can't get the 1Password icon in the Safari toolbar to stay put, even after running the Terminal script and doing a manual Cusomize Toolbar addition. Evernote kicks it out, every time. Not a bit deal since the key shows up in the main menu bar. If you need my diagnostics, just tell me what you want and how to get it to you.

Best...
  • Carl
    Carl
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    erau wrote:
    Count me among those who can't get the 1Password icon in the Safari toolbar to stay put, even after running the Terminal script and doing a manual Cusomize Toolbar addition. Evernote kicks it out, every time. Not a bit deal since the key shows up in the main menu bar. If you need my diagnostics, just tell me what you want and how to get it to you.

Best...

See if the fix listed in this blog post works to get around this:

http://agile.ws/s/dd3ee9114
  • ebouley
    ebouley
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I am using OS 10.6.1 and this afternoon I updated 1Password to Version 3.0.0.BETA-40 (build 30040). Since the update of 1Password the 1P button will not stay in Safari. It is shown in the Safari preferences and I can customize the toolbar to put it there, and it properly functions. But as soon as I close Safari and then restart it, the button is gone. Then I have to re-customize the toolbar. It's driving me crazy.
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    ebouley wrote:
    as soon as I close Safari and then restart it, the button is gone. Then I have to re-customize the toolbar. It's driving me crazy.

Sounds like you are running EverNote. Please see this thread on the EverNote forum:

http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11603

and this post in particular:

http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11603&p=46940#p46722
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    I am closing this thread as it is getting very hard to keep track of the many sub-threads.

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread to discuss your specific issue.
This discussion has been closed.