To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1PW 6 standalone to Memberships

Options
jkushne1
jkushne1
Community Member

With the latest upgrade, I switched from the standalone option to start subscribing to the membership. I believe I went through the steps appropriately but was wondering if I now can delete the old data I previously kept in dropbox which was the way I synced with all my devices. If I delete that entire folder and info, my understanding is that 1PW memberships now sync through your servers (not dropbox), so I should be ok to remove. I just want to check before I actually proceed as I don't want to lose all my data.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I want to be cautious here not to mislead you, but I have very recently done what you have. Your standalone version has a vault called Primary. The membership created a new one called Personal. If you are sure that all of your data have been transferred from Primary to Personal, AND if those are your only two vaults, then Yes, you can delete the Primary vault and anything in Dropbox that is related to your previous syncing. If you have other vaults, you also need to confirm that your data from those are also transferred to corresponding places in your new account. Those then can be deleted from Dropbox too.

A wrinkle that isn’t covered well in the instructions I have seen is that if you want to delete the old vaults from your local installation, you must delete Primary last. It won’t disappear if there are others still in existence.

When I started my membership, the data from Primary were automatically moved into Personal, so the process was largely automatic, except that I wanted to be sure anything left in Primary was, in fact, in Personal too. Call me paranoid.

If this makes you at all nervous, wait for an AgileBits staffer to come along and elaborate.

• Meek
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hey @jkushne1, hawkmoth is right on point there - once you've transferred everything to your Personal vault, you should be good to delete your old Primary vault and the data in Dropbox. If you're unsure, the easiest way to confirm everything is transferred is to sign into your account on the web. If you see all your data there, then you're good to go.

ref: RZR-66172-372

This discussion has been closed.