upgrading to 1password7.

Options
pattwood
pattwood
Community Member

HI all --

I am a longtime 1 password user. currently using 1password 6
I am trying to upgrade to 1Password7.

I have searched my license files and cannot find my secret key.
It seems I never actually set up my 1password account, though I think I have one as I have a family license.

I do have a agilebits password in my 1 password6 logins, but that did not seem to work either. had to set up a new password for agilebits account. is this the same as a 1 password account?

I have my last license number and tried using that but that did not work.

thank you for your help.
Polly

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OX 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I am a 1password6, family license. can't find secret key to upgrade to 1password7.

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @pattwood, I'm sorry for the confusion around 1Password memberships and standalone licenses. These are two different ways to pay for and use 1Password - unless you explicitly subscribed to a 1Password membership, you won't have a Secret Key.

You can learn more about the differences and benefits of a 1Password membership here:
    https://support.1password.com/why-membership/

When upgrading to 1Password 7, you can choose if you'd like to subscribe to a 1Password membership or purchase a 1Password 7 license.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

• pattwood
    pattwood
    Community Member
    Options

thanks! I can see others have had this confusion. I am going to stay with 1password 6 for now. Does what I need it to do.

• You're free to keep using 1Password 6, it's still a great app. If you decide to give 1Password 7 another look we'll be here to help in any way that we can.

Rick

• nchardin
    nchardin
    Community Member
    Options

How can I go back to 1Password 6?

• nchardin
    nchardin
    Community Member
    Options

Then, what do I need to do -in easy words- to make my 1Password work?

• Meek
    Options

Hey @nchardin, you can download 1Password 6 from here:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Just click the "Using OS X El Capitan or earlier?" link under the big blue Download button and you'll be able to download 1Password 6 from there.

Regarding your second question, I'd be happy to help get 1Password working. Could you let us know what isn't working?

• nchardin
    nchardin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much, However, I read in another note about re-booting, which made me remember that it cures lots of things. It did. Problem solved. I absolutely love 1Password, and now it is even better!

• Meek
    Options

Hey @nchardin, aha, yes, the solution that magically solves everything :) Glad to hear that rebooting did the trick! If there is ever anything else we can help with, please let us know.

• nchardin
    nchardin
    Community Member
    Options

You're a peach. Thanks.

• Hah. Haven't heard that expression in a while. Love it. :)

Rick

This discussion has been closed.