To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Delete individual account

Options
placebo
placebo
Community Member

I'm trying out the family plan trial right now and ran into a bit of confusion when upgrading to 1Password 7 on my mom's computer. When launched for the first time, 1Password 7 behaved as if she was a completely new user with no existing vaults even though she had been using 1Password for years. As I was trying to get her logged into the family account, I accidentally ended up signing up for an individual account under her e-mail address. I'd like to get this unused account deleted since all it will do is confuse her. Unfortunately, I don't have the secret key for the individual account, so I can't do it myself. Could you please help?

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

It's not clear why you don't have the secret key for that extra account, since you set it up. It should be included with a record within your Mom's 1Password database under Logins. One was created for me, at least, when I set up an individual account. It includes the secret key. I expect the same is true for the account you created by mistake.

If you locate that key, you can delete the extra account yourself. The directions for doing that are on this web page:

https://support.1password.com/delete-account/

I hope I don't misunderstand your issue. Someone from AgileBits will eventually be along to see how things are going, so report back here.

• placebo
    placebo
    Community Member
    Options

If I still had access to the vault, of course I could get the secret key, but I don't.

• Meek
    Options

Hey @placebo, we can definitely help delete that account for you. Since we'll need to discuss some account specific stuff, could you send us an email to support+forum@1password.com? Please include a link to this forum thread, and reply here with your Support ID that you'll receive in an automated email. That'll help us connect the dots.

• placebo
    placebo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. My support ID is [#XJS-49781-292].

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@placebo: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: XJS-49781-292

This discussion has been closed.