Production Firefox Plugin not working

I cannot get the production 1Password X extension (1.7.3) working in my Firefox 60.0.1 installation on macOS 10.13.5

Clicking the 1Password X icon in my tool bar takes me to this URL: moz-extension://cd83df11-5c1b-5a4a-b35c-cb98198ef652/app/app.html#/page/welcome but displays a blank page.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the extension several times.

Any clues?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.7.3
OS Version: macOS 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1Password X (Family)

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @PBAdams,

I've seen this issue a handle of times for folks who've upgraded to Firefox 60 from previous versions. It's a challenge to narrow down, and in my experience, it seems related to abnormal settings possibly as the result of an earlier upgrade.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but could you try refreshing Firefox by following Mozzila's guide here?
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

I'd love to know if that works for you!

Thanks,
    Beyer

• PBAdams
    PBAdams
    Community Member

Hi @beyer

I had a work deadline that included doing screen recordings of FF so haven’t been able to follow the rest procedure.

What I did instead was to follow another tip, which was to create a new profile. I did this and added 1P X, and this worked correctly. So no I’m just using the new FF profile and have access to 1P X

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know a new profile helped! I'm not sure what might be the problem with the old one, but at least this way if you need to use something you have there still you can switch between them. We're here if you need us though. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.