1Password X extension not filling

Options

Hello everyone,

I just updated to 1Password X extension because the older extension got extremely slow. The 1Password X extension is not filling in usernames/passwords for me on Firefox 60.0.1. I can copy/paste and save new entries from the extension though. I've tried disabling all other extensions but still nothing. Any ideas?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: 1.7.3
OS Version: Windows 10 v1803
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@halppls: I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Can you tell me the exact steps you're taking? I wonder if you're opening a login from the 1Password Windows app without its extension. 1Password X is completely separate as it's designed to work in situations where an app cannot be installed. Let me know.

• halppls
    halppls
    Community Member
    Options

Sure and thanks for the reply. I downloaded 1Password X through Firefox Add-ons Manager. Once installed I was prompted for my password which I entered. My whole vault is here and unlocked in the extension. I can view the usernames and passwords of any entry but the fill button simply doesn't fill. I even get prompts in the logon fields of websites with the 1Password logo. When I click the logo a drop down offers to fill either the username or password but when I click it nothing happens.

My solution as of now is to copy/paste out of the extension and vice versa into the website. A little tedious!

Thanks

• halppls
    halppls
    Community Member
    Options

Anyone have an idea why 1Password X wont fill login fields?

• Kelvin123
    Kelvin123
    Community Member
    Options

Do you happen to have "privacy.resistFingerprinting" enabled in about:config? I experienced the same issue until I disabled the fingerprint resistance.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@halppls: Can you tell me the context? What's a URL where you're having trouble filling? It's definitely something we should look into. Copying and pasting strong passwords still beats typing them, but you shouldn't have to do that.

• halppls
    halppls
    Community Member
    Options

@Kelvin123: That did it, thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Aha! Thanks for the update! Glad that Kelvin123 's suggestion helped. :)

• Stewwwwwaaarrrt
    Stewwwwwaaarrrt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there- This worked for me too. I must admit, though, that it makes me just the slightest bit grumbly about it because one of the reasons I use FF is greater privacy and security, and having to re-enable fingerprinting makes me a little wary. Is there a way to get around this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stewwwwwaaarrrt: None that I'm aware of. Mozilla is pretty clear that these advanced settings can break things though:

Perhaps that will change in the future, and they'll also offer tools to better accommodate it. :)

ref: b5x-439

This discussion has been closed.