To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Price of 1Password for Families?

Options
Psycho_Bunny
Psycho_Bunny
Community Member

Hello,
I have been playing for some time with the thought to upgrade to a family subscription but I'm confused about the price.

On my.1password.com/billing it says $5.94 per month for a family of 5 people (billed annually).
And on 1password.com/families it says $4.99 per month for a family of 5 when billed annually.

What is the actual price and why is there a difference on these two pages?

Thanks in advance. :p

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dst87
    dst87
    Community Member
    Options

I wonder if this has something to do with tax.

If I look on my invoices, I see $5.99/mo (billed annually), which seems to be the amount I'm being charged - $71.82 annually including tax.

The pre-tax amount for me is showing as $59.85/year, which works out at $4.99/mo.

I'm in the UK with 20% VAT though, so it seems weird that this scenario would play out in other regions (unless you're also in the UK and seeing localised pricing).

• Psycho_Bunny
    Psycho_Bunny
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in germany with 19% VAT so this calculation could work out.
    But it's still confusing.
    It would be better to see the price based on the current location.

• Ben
    Options

Our marketing pages don’t collect location information and have a broad global audience. As such all pricing there is listed in $ USD pre-tax. After currency conversion and tax the price may be a little different, but will be shown on your billing page when adding your credit card information.

Ben

• dst87
    dst87
    Community Member
    Options

That makes perfect sense based on what @Ben says. The public page you're seeing this on is the lower pre-tax price ($4.99/mo) and the higher price includes tax on your account page.

The slight price difference between what you and I see @Psycho_Bunny accounts for that 1pp difference in VAT between the UK and Germany :)

• Psycho_Bunny
    Psycho_Bunny
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it makes sense now.
    Thank you both for the quick replies.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that helped. :+1: Thanks for chiming in @dst87.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.