Feedback and Feature Requests

Tim K
Tim K
Community Member
I've noticed two potential issues on the universal app

1 - On the iPad, if I switch to the running app after the timeout period on the lock, the last password is briefly shown before the lock screen appears again. Its long enough to read the username and password or take a screen grab

2 - On the iPhone, the search box in folders only searches for a folder name. It would be much better to search for other data too, or have user selectable fields to search

Other features I'd like to see
- A sync button / progress indicator on the iPhone and iPad apps to indicate that a sync is in progress when you start the application. Clicking on the button could resync with dropbox
- Show thumbnail icons on the mobile clients and allow thumbnails to be added to non-website content
- Some more templates such as insurance policies, vehicle details (VIN, Registration number, Registration document details), birth certificate details etc (or the ability to create and share templates)
- A link to an encrypted document store (the attachment feature may do this anyway?) so I can scan important documents and keep a copy
- A secure way to share data with others - e.g. I might want to create logins for a number of users on a server and send them to their 1Password applications (encrypted email perhaps)

Fantastic app though - I'd not found anthing decent since Keyring on PalmOS and had been through Windows Mobile prior to iOS

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Tim! Make yourself at home. :-)

1 - On the iPad, if I switch to the running app after the timeout period on the lock, the last password is briefly shown before the lock screen appears again. Its long enough to read the username and password or take a screen grab

This is currently a limitation of iOS which will only come into play when 1Password locks after a timeout while in the background. Since 1Password cannot execute code while backgrounded, it can only lock immediately after you switch back to it. The way iOS treats backgrounded apps when you resume them is that it displays the that visible screen when the app is resumed.

Please enable "Lock when Inactive" to work around this since this way 1Password can actually lock itself before it is backgrounded and avoid the issue altogether.

We may still have some tricks up our sleeves to work around this in other ways as well in the future.

2 - On the iPhone, the search box in folders only searches for a folder name. It would be much better to search for other data too, or have user selectable fields to search

This was originally implemented for performance/battery life considerations I believe. Since the data is not all decrypted at once, we can search the titles much more easily (with less of a performance and battery hit) decrypting every item one by one. There is a possibility this will change in the future since the upcoming new data format will require additional decryption overhead anyway. These mobile devices are only getting more powerful. ;-)

- A sync button / progress indicator on the iPhone and iPad apps to indicate that a sync is in progress when you start the application. Clicking on the button could resync with dropbox

This is already indicated in the iOS status bar (at the top of the screen where the clock is). You can also manually initiate a sync in 1Password's settings (Sync > Dropbox > Sync Now).

- Show thumbnail icons on the mobile clients and allow thumbnails to be added to non-website content

Thanks for the suggestion.

- Some more templates such as insurance policies, vehicle details (VIN, Registration number, Registration document details), birth certificate details etc (or the ability to create and share templates)

Custom templates are one of the most requested features. Thanks for letting us know you would like to see them as well!

- A link to an encrypted document store (the attachment feature may do this anyway?) so I can scan important documents and keep a copy

Attachments are supported in the desktop apps, but this is a much-requested in the iOS apps.

- A secure way to share data with others - e.g. I might want to create logins for a number of users on a server and send them to their 1Password applications (encrypted email perhaps)

Also on our radar. ;-)

Fantastic app

Thank you so much for the kind words! If there is anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Cheers,
  • dmbourdon
    dmbourdon
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    I second the addition of thumbnail sync. It's nice to include a logo/image for login accounts when using the Mac version. It's just too bad they don't show up on my iPhone following sync.

Please add this feature. Thank you and keep up the great work!

David (recent 1Password convert from eWallet)
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, David! I'll add your vote for this. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, and thanks for using 1Password. :-)

If we can be further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.