To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trying to upgrade from version 4

Options
Tomorowlander
Tomorowlander
Community Member

I've been using version 4 for about 3 or 4 years. Today I've just seen that there are new versions with a subscription model, as such im trying to upgrade. However to do so im being asked to sign into my account (which I have never set up but my email address appears to have an account attached to it) with a secret key that i certainly don't have because i cannot see one anywhere in my apps on my desktop, phone or tablet.
I can't see what I'm missing, any help would be much appreciated as I'm scratching my head at this point with no idea how to proceed. As far as i can tell i cant create an account because i'm locked out of the one i supposedly already have, but dont as i bought a standalone app years ago.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Tomorowlander

We’d be happy to help with that, and I apologize that you’ve had difficulty. You’re a couple of versions behind, so that makes things a little more challenging, but we’re here to help you through that. Before we can go much further I do need some additional information. Could you please tell me:

• What platforms are you using 1Password on?
    • What version of 1Password are you currently using on each of those platforms?
    • Where do you currently have access to your 1Password data (e.x. Do you have access to your data on your tablet but not your Mac)?
    • Where is your 1Password data currently stored? Are you syncing with a service like Dropbox?

Please let us know and then we can move on to the next steps. :)

Ben

• Tomorowlander
    Tomorowlander
    Community Member
    Options

I have version 4.6.2.626 on two separate windows 10 laptops, and version 7.0.6 on both iphone and ipad. I have access to all of these, i am not logged out or forgotten my master password or anything like that and they are synced using dropbox.
    I just cannot log in on the agile bits website when i try to upgrade. i have never made an account on the website, but it says email already in use, but i have no log in details such as the secret key.

• rob
    rob
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi, @Tomorowlander.

I can see that you do have an account, but it is old and does not contain any data. If you'd like to delete it or if you'd like further details, please send me an email at support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this discussion so I can connect the dots.

ref: PLR-43263-217

This discussion has been closed.